Last modified: August 15, 2015
Fiksu Application Marketing Service
Fiksu buys advertising space on mobile applications and similar digital properties on behalf of our Clients. Pursuant to those Services, we collect information across the mobile apps and sites you visit to create interest segments in order to make advertising messages more relevant. We also receive data from Clients to help inform and improve their advertising campaigns. Such "Client Data" is used subject to the privacy policies of Fiksu’s clients. None of this information may be used by Fiksu to personally identify you.
Information Collected by Fiksu’s Application Marketing Service
The Fiksu Services collect information pursuant to delivering advertising messages and when those messages are viewed, clicked or otherwise interacted with by users. This information can’t be used to personally identify you and includes:
- Device Information - Information about your device, such as the kind of mobile device you use (e.g., iPhone, Samsung), the operating system for your mobile device (e.g., Android, Apple iOS), the mobile carrier name, the Internet Connection type, the IP address, user agent string, Internet browser (e.g., Chrome, Safari), and similar information, as well as unique device identifiers such as iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) or Android Advertising ID. This information makes your device distinct enough for our systems to determine within a reasonable probability that they are encountering the same computer or device;
- Ad serving information – This information includes information about the particular ads served, viewed, or clicked on, such as the type of ad, on which mobile app the ad was served, whether that ad was clicked on, the cost of the ad, and whether you visited our Client’s website or purchased the product or service advertised; and
- Client Data - Sometimes Clients pass us information about their customers, including demographic information, information about customer activity in their sites and apps (e.g., registrations and purposes), including the content viewed or searches made, and language preferences.
Information Use by Fiksu Marketing Services
We use the information we obtain to provide and improve Fiksu’s Services, including for the following purposes:
- Facilitating Ad Campaigns - Information we collect is utilized to help manage our advertising campaigns, determine which ad slots are optimal for those ads, targeting ads based upon time/date metrics, frequency capping, and otherwise optimizing advertising into mobile apps;
- Ad Reporting - Our Services help advertisers determine how many ads were delivered in a particular campaign, how many ads were clicked on, and how many mobile Application downloads were encouraged by a particular campaign;
- Fraud Detection and Prevention – We use information we have to help us Identify invalid clicks (or ad queries) and protect Fiksu Clients from fraudulent behavior;
- Interest-Based Advertising - Our systems collect information over time and across multiple non-affiliated apps in order to target ads based upon inferred user interests on an aggregated and anonymous basis; and
- Improving the Services – We may use the information that we have for any legitimate business purpose including but not limited to auditing, researching, and analyzing data in order to maintain, protect, operate, and improve our Services, optimize our ad serving algorithms, develop new services, resolve technical issues and ensure that our systems function properly.
We may disclose and use personally identifiable information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce our Terms of Service (for example, when necessary to protect our or a third party's intellectual property or proprietary rights), or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of our Website.
Information Sharing, Onward Transfer
We disclose the information in our systems for the following purposes:
- With Fiksu Clients pursuant to serving ads on their behalf, when you click on their ad and/or download their application;
- With third parties such as advertising exchanges in order to bid on and purchase advertising inventory in mobile apps on behalf of Fiksu Clients;
- In response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena);
- When we, in our sole discretion, believe it is necessary or appropriate, in connection with a sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, or when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires us to do so;
- In other circumstances when necessary either to protect the rights or property of Fiksu, Fiksu Clients, and/or third parties;
- We share information with third parties at an aggregated level for sales, marketing or other business purposes; and
- We may transfer information to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate change. If Fiksu is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
Choice Mechanism, Opt-out
We don't collect personally identifiable information unless you provide it to us. You may send requests to understand what personally identifiable information we have on you by emailing email@example.com.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is attempting to develop a Do Not Track (DNT) standard. Currently, the standards regarding the DNT signals and appropriate responses are not defined. Accordingly, we do not assign a meaning to DNT signals.
If you'd like to opt-out from Fiksu, please click here. By opting out of Fiksu, you will continue to see advertising, although those ads will not be targeted to your interests by Fiksu.
We have implemented a third-party analytics features that will collect data on our Website. You can opt-out of these analytics features by clicking here.
We process information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we take reasonable steps to ensure that any information in our care is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
Fiksu adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. We do not create nor use any behavioral advertising segments of children under 13 as part of our Services. Our Website is not directed at children under the age of 13. If we are made aware that we have received personally identifiable information from someone under 13, we will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our records.
The security of your information is important to us, including but not limited to the personally identifiable information collected via the website. Fiksu has implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information, both during transmission and once it is received. This includes but is not limited to the use of firewalls and encryption. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure; therefore, while the company strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, it cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about these security practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Content
Safe Harbor Privacy Principles
We comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. We have certified that Fiksu adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Attn: Privacy Officer
31 St. James Ave. Suite 1150,
Boston, MA 02116
We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns using the contact information provided below and we will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of information.
Privacy Complaints by European Union and Swiss Citizens
Fiksu has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Safe Harbor, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by the Privacy Officer at Fiksu, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.