- Products & Technology
- Case Studies
- Contact Us
- Get Started
The Fiksu Blog
Posted by: Viki ZabalaOctober 23, 2012
Apple already made quite a big splash in the mobile world this fall, releasing its iPhone 5 to record-breaking sales and pushing out its iOS 6 operating system to a staggering 200 million devices. Now, on the verge of the holiday shopping season, the technology giant has unveiled a long-awaited, smaller-format tablet – the iPad Mini – that is expected to shake up the market with its ultra-sleek design and powerful display.
Debuting today in front...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaOctober 22, 2012
It’s been a few weeks since Apple launched the iPhone 5, debuted its App Store changes, and rolled out iOS 6. More than 5 million iPhone 5s were sold within days of the launch and more than 100 million device owners upgraded to iOS 6. For app marketers and developers, there’s a good number of updates in the App Store and iOS 6, and many of these changes spell opportunity for improved loyal user acquisition. Here’s what you need to know:
Posted by: Viki ZabalaOctober 17, 2012
On the heels of the iPhone 5 release, Apple is expected to unleash the iPad Mini at an event on Tuesday, Oct. 23, according to invitations the technology giant sent to the media.
- Reports also suggest the iPad Mini will be available in 24 different configurations and two colors – and many bloggers are speculating on other yet-to-be-announced enhancements.
- Meanwhile, for Android app developers looking to “cash in on the Google Play...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaOctober 11, 2012
- As the holiday season quickly approaches, Google is encouraging developers to build tablet-optimized Android apps.
- According to a new study, nearly half of major brands are displeased with the progress of their current mobile marketing efforts.
- “The Force” will soon be colliding with a flock of bitter birds in the new Star Wars-themed Angry Birds mobile game.
“Tech critics and gadget reviewers have long...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaOctober 9, 2012
Just a quick update from Game Developer's Conference Online, where we're at booth #208. We're having a great time, talking with some clients and meeting lots of new app developers who we hope to work with in the future. People are really excited by Fiksu and FreeMyApps -- and some of that is due to our giveaway.
We're giving away 5,000 free installs via FreeMyApps to anyone that drops their business card at...Tags:
Posted by: Viki ZabalaOctober 5, 2012
- With less than two weeks until Apple’s speculated Oct. 17 iPad Mini release, reports show that mass production of the smaller iPad has begun.
- Though the iPhone 5 has just barely hit shelves, some mobile mavens have already started wish lists for their dream iPhone 6.
- As the holiday travel season starts in less than one month, popular smartphone app HotelTonight’s...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaSeptember 28, 2012
Last week, Apple’s highly anticipated iPhone 5 started hitting the shelves, selling a record-shattering 5 million units in its first weekend of availability. Additionally, more than 100 million existing iOS device owners have already rushed to update to iOS 6, Apple’s newest operating system. But, for several weeks preceding the arrival of the iPhone 5, we observed a change in consumers’ download appetites, reflected prominently in our new...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaSeptember 21, 2012
Following its Sept. 12 announcement, Apple’s new iPhone 5 device generated record-breaking sales well before hitting shelves on Sept. 21. This Wednesday, Apple released iOS 6, its latest operating system that powers the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, containing more than 200 new features. As part of the new OS, the company unveiled the Advertising Identifier, its new marketing attribution standard to track and attribute in-app advertising. Simultaneously, we...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaSeptember 11, 2012
Tomorrow is a big day for app marketers, and it’s not just because Apple is announcing the much-rumored and anticipated iPhone 5.
It’s because the arrival of the iPhone 5 heralds a fantastic mobile app marketing opportunity for brands – an opportunity that starts with tomorrow’s launch event, picks up steam as the hottest new mobile device hits the shelves mid-month and extends throughout the rest of September well into October and November...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaSeptember 6, 2012
While all eyes remain focused on Apple’s official Sept. 12 unveiling of the iPhone 5 and iOS 6, other major mobile competitors are holding their own media events to launch new products ahead of Apple’s highly anticipated launch. Still, reports point to Android’s continued position as top dog in terms of world market share for mobile devices. And, with the holiday travel season just around the corner, mobile users will want to check out the red-hot...