The Fiksu Blog
Posted by: Viki ZabalaDecember 7, 2012
We have some exciting news to share – after growing more than 1,000 percent since its ...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaDecember 4, 2012
Is a new smartphone at the top of your Christmas wish list? If so, you're not alone. Last year, 6.8 million new iOS and Android mobile devices were unwrapped and activated on Christmas Day. And more than 1.2 billion apps were downloaded in between Christmas Day and New Year's Eve.
The holiday season screams opportunity for mobile app marketers. It may indeed be “the most wonderful time of the year,” but it’s also the most competitive time of the year. So...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaNovember 30, 2012
Following the iPhone 5 launch in September, October was a month of opportunity for mobile app marketers.
The Fiksu Cost per Loyal User Index was $1.06, down seven cents or 6 percent, from September’s $1.13. Significant increases in organic searches and app discovery – driven by the arrival of the iPhone 5 and users’ natural enthusiasm for downloading apps on new devices...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaNovember 21, 2012
- After the turkey is carved tomorrow, the 2012 holiday shopping season will officially begin – and mobile will have a giant impact on holiday sales.
- Many big-name brands such as Google, Wal-Mart, Target, and Amazon have unleashed new or updated apps to assist smartphone-wielding holiday shoppers.
- After 66 million tablets were sold during the 2011 holiday season, industry pundits predict that tablets will continue to dominate wish lists this...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaNovember 16, 2012
We have some exciting news to share – our founder and CEO Micah Adler has been named a 2012 Tech Luminary by the Boston Business Journal and Mass High Tech. One of 30 recipients, Micah this week was commended as one of the drivers and influential leaders of New England’s thriving innovation economy.
Posted by: Viki ZabalaNovember 14, 2012
- Even though Thanksgiving and Black Friday are next week, the holiday shopping frenzy is already in full force – and there’s no doubt consumers will turn to their tablets and mobile phones to shop.
- Speaking of tablets, one analyst believes the iPad Mini will generate “more demand than it cannibalizes.”
- While the iPhone 5 has been on the shelves for just two short months, Apple is reportedly already starting production for its next generation...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaNovember 5, 2012
History has shown us the arrival of a new mobile device generates remarkable opportunities for app marketers to cost-effectively acquire and engage new users, as download volumes surge, costs to acquire loyal users plummet, and user-interest levels peak. So it was no surprise the much-anticipated arrival of the iPhone 5 in September prompted some interesting dynamics in the Fiksu Indexes. While the...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaNovember 5, 2012
At Fiksu, we've built a culture of innovation, communication, collaboration, and support, and consider our team to be our number one asset. That’s why we’re so honored to share that Fiksu was named one of 2012's “Top Places to Work” by the Boston Globe this week.
This distinguished annual award is based on surveys of the people who know us best – our employees – who individually offered feedback on compensation, benefits and creative perks, work/life...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaOctober 23, 2012
Apple already made quite a big splash in the mobile world this fall, releasing its iPhone 5 to record-breaking sales and pushing out its iOS 6 operating system to a staggering 200 million devices. Now, on the verge of the holiday shopping season, the technology giant has unveiled a long-awaited, smaller-format tablet – the iPad Mini – that is expected to shake up the market with its ultra-sleek design and powerful display.
Debuting today in front of an audience...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaOctober 22, 2012
It’s been a few weeks since Apple launched the iPhone 5, debuted its App Store changes, and rolled out iOS 6. More than 5 million iPhone 5s were sold within days of the launch and more than 100 million device owners upgraded to iOS 6. For app marketers and developers, there’s a good number of updates in the App Store and iOS 6, and many of these changes spell opportunity for improved loyal user acquisition. Here’s what you need to know: