The Fiksu Blog
Posted by: Viki ZabalaMarch 8, 2013
During yesterday’s highly anticipated news conference, Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg announced the company’s plans to give its news feed a facelift – transforming it into a “personalized newspaper,” in which users can browse streams of current photos, events, music-related content and posts from brands and public figures – in the same way they would read the sports or life section of a paper. You can check out this ...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaFebruary 27, 2013
News from this week’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, where we just released our January Indexes, which revealed increased mobile app download volumes, but a decline in user acquisition costs. The new data reflects the continued impact of all the new tablets and smartphones activated during the...Tags:
Potential change in Apple policies on HTML5 cookies highlights the need to support multiple tracking technologiesPosted by: Craig PalliFebruary 25, 2013
Interesting news being reported by TechCrunch today: according to an article by Sarah Perez, Apple is now rejecting apps that are using HTML5 cookie tracking from the App Store. While this may come as a surprise to some, the good news is that over time, the marketplace has developed multiple solutions to...Tags:
Posted by: Viki ZabalaFebruary 14, 2013
This post -- written by our Craig Palli -- originally appeared on Boston.com.
With more than 1.5 million apps in the Apple and Android app stores, mobile app marketers face the enormous challenge of achieving discoverability, sustained user engagement and, ultimately, monetization. Successfully marketing your app requires more than strategic mobile media...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaFebruary 4, 2013
Last week, Facebook crossed a significant threshold, announcing for the first time, it has now more mobile users than desktop users: 680 million daily mobile active users, to be precise. For app marketers, Facebook presents a massive opportunity, but reaching out to and acquiring volumes of loyal...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaFebruary 4, 2013
- Facebook reports that mobile use exceeded PC use for the first time ever in Q4 2012.
- In just five short months since its release, Apple’s iOS 6 is now powering a whopping 300 million devices around the world.
- As the app store giants continue to jostle for first place, Apple's App Store hits record revenue numbers while Google Play boasts faster growth.
- During Q4 2012, Apple sold more smartphones than any other seller in the U.S...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaJanuary 30, 2013
The 2012 holidays marked a turning point for mobile marketing, with significant growth in mobile devices, app downloads, and shopping conducted via smartphones and tablets. On Christmas Day, 17.4 million iOS and Android devices and tablets were unwrapped and activated – breaking the 2011 record by more than...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaJanuary 28, 2013
- Apple reported record revenue numbers this week, along with record iPhone and iPad sales.
- As if the App Store isn’t packed enough, 2013 will bring an estimated 435,000 new apps to iOS users – further aggravating discovery challenges for app marketers.
- Across iOS, Android, and RIM, Facebook is the No. 1 app in the U.S., with nearly 86 million unique visitors per month.
- Experts believe 2013 could be a year of explosive tablet...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaJanuary 18, 2013
- A new report shows mobile advertising prices rose dramatically in the fourth quarter of 2012, underscoring the role of mobile as a key marketing strategy during the recent holiday season.
- After much industry speculation, Facebook debuted its beta Graph Search, a social search engine powered by Microsoft Bing.
- Check out seven ways mobile apps are driving revenue for major brands this year.
A new report from...
Posted by: Viki ZabalaJanuary 16, 2013
It's always exciting to get out and meet with the the individuals who are driving the mobile explosion -- even more so in a big mobile town like Boston -- so we were happy to speak at and sponsor Mobile Monday Boston's Marketing and Advertising panel discussion this past Monday. It was enlightening to hear from such a great panel, as well as to speak with representatives from so many innovative companies who packed...Tags: